Thursday 25 March 2010

Snowdrop Sunday

Where I live (which is fair country) there's a big old house called 'Bank Hall'. It's all crumbling away now, but in the past it was a really big grand house, where I pressume some very important family from the Village lived.
Every Sunday in February they put on a day called 'Snowdrop Sunday'. Where you can walk around the grounds, eat homemade cake, have a mug of tea and admire the beautiful blanket of snow drops that grow there every Spring.
Me and my mum went last year, and after it finally stopped snowing and I was actually in the country (after Zurich and Vienna) we managed to get again this year! The sun even came out for us. These are some photo's I took of the snowdrops, this year and last year. It's so lovely to walk around the gardens, the snowdrops are unebelievable they seem to grow everywhere. I must admit though the Hall does freak me out a bit, even during the day.















No comments:

Post a Comment